Home   About us   Enquiry   Contact us  
  Diocess in AP
  Regional Bodies
  Television Dept
  Audio recording studio
  Audio visual list
  Publications
  Bharatha Mithram
  RVA Telugu Section
  Gallery
 
   
     
  History  
 
The Diocese of Warangal was detached from the ecclesiastical territory of Hyderabad and was created by the Apostolic Constitution of Pius XII on December 22, 1952. Bp Alphonsus Beretta, PIME, was appointed the First Bishop of Warangal, transferring him from the See of Hyderabad. It comprised then of the civil districts of Warangal, Nalgonda, Khammam and Karimnagar. In 1977 the civil district of Nalgonda was separated and formed into a new Diocese of Nalgonda. In December 1985 Bp A. Beretta, PIME, retired. Msgr K. Joseph was the Administrator in 1986, Bp Thumma Bala has taken over the diocese as the second Bishop in March 1987. He hails from the same Diocese of Warangal. In 1988 the civil district of Khammam has been separated and formed into a new Diocese of Khammam. Now the Diocese is left with the civil districts of Warangal and Karimnagar.
 
     
 

Bp THUMMA BALA 

Born: Apr. 24, 1944

Priestly Ordn.: Dec. 21, 1970

Episcopal Ordn.: Mar. 12, 1987

 

Address

Bishop's House

Fatimanagar

Warangal - 506 004

Andhra Pradesh.


Tel: (0870) 24 59 128 (O), 24 59 332 (P)

Fax: (0870) 24 59 499

E-mail: bishopthummabala@rediffmail.com

 

 
     
   
Copyrights @ 2005 Amruthavani Communication Centre
Powered by Globus Technologies